Communication is an essential aspect of everyday life. Whether you realize it or not, we never stop communicating. This is especially true when it comes to business relationships and how we communication with our clients. And is why we enjoy engaging and meaningful conversation with you whenever you are in our print shop. Even when chatting with you on the phone.
Just for you, I have compiled 20 of the best business and communication quotes from a variety of brilliant people who can help guide you towards improving your communication and better personal and business relationships.
1. “The more elaborate our means of communication, the less we communicate.”- Joseph Priestley
2. “Who you are is speaking so loudly that I can’t hear what you’re saying.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”– Dale Carnegie
4. “I speak to everyone in the same way, whether he is the garbage man or the president of the university.”– Albert Einstein
5. “Don’t be embarrassed by your failures. Learn from them and start again.”– Sir Richard Branson
6. “The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”- Peter Drucker
7. “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightening and a lightening bug.”– Mark Twain
8. “The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.”– Anthony Robbins
9. “You’ll succeed best when you put the restless, anxious side of affairs out of mind, and allow the restful side to live in your thoughts”– Margaret Stowe
10. “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
11. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”– George Bernard Shaw
12. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”– Tony Robbins
13. “Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow.”– Lawrence Clark Powell
14. “Storytellers, by the very act of telling, communicate a radical learning that changes lives and the world: telling stories is a universally accessible means through which people make meaning.” – Chris Cavanaugh
15. “The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeable, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.”– Sydney J. Harris
16. “In many ways, effective communication begins with mutual respect, communication that inspires, and encourages others to do their best.”– Zig Ziglar
17. “Speak when you are angry and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret.”- Dr. Laurence J. Peter
18. “Many relationship problems are rooted in a communication breakdown. These can be as simple as not really hearing what the other person is saying, because we get caught up in our own fixed perspectives.”- Sumesh Nair
19. “The goal is to provide inspiring information that moves people to action.”- Guy Kawasaki
20. “Make sure you are understood. Don’t blame the other person for not understanding. Instead, look for ways to clarify or rephrase what you are trying to say so it can be understood.”- Joel Garlfinkle
Words are powerful. When you select the right words to use, you increase your ability to make others understand your message. Actions are just as powerful as words. The ability to read the emotions and nonverbal communication of another person also helps increase understanding and elevates relationships to a new level of trust.